Our Core Values
We do what we say we will doOur promise is our word. We act on every level with integrity and we honor our commitments to our customers, and each other.
Exceptional customer experiences are our lifeblood (internal & external)Our goal is to exceed your expectations, every day and with every interaction. We are passionate about serving our customers and each other.
YOU matterWe value you and truly believe that each person at McGrath RentCorp has great things to contribute and that you are the key to our success. Your enthusiasm and commitment are instrumental to providing an exceptional experience for our customers.
Our personal best is put forth in everything we doWe give it our all. We go above and beyond whenever we can and expect excellence in each other.
To lead in our markets we adapt, renew, innovateWe pay close attention to our markets and make choices that support long-term growth. We aim to lead. From the ground up, we embrace the need to change in order to adapt to the challenges at hand.
EQ is as important as IQ Emotional intelligence, or EQ, is a crucial element in working in a collaborative team environment. Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a bright, inquisitive, "can-do" attitude equal career success at McGrath RentCorp.
We value getting it right vs. being right We challenge and upgrade each other to arrive at the best solution, regardless of whose idea it might be. We do this respectfully and with the aspiration to solve a problem. We also are not afraid to push hard on the ideas and opinions of others in order to make them better.
Relationships are built with open, honest, and direct communication Sometimes the real facts of business performance can be brutal. We challenge ourselves to navigate through this with open, honest, and direct communication. Over the long term, this maximizes both resources and time, and builds high trust with those involved. We call this "courageous conversation."
We have a flywheel mentality Pushing a very large wheel in small increments time and time again eventually gets the wheel spinning faster and faster. Continuous improvements and incremental gains, no matter the size, are like pushes on the flywheel and this creates great momentum in our business.
Corporate Social Responsibility - We Care
At McGrath RentCorp, we believe that effectiveness and ethics go hand in hand and that the best way to be a healthy company is to help build a strong society. From our commitment to environmentally sustainable building construction to our many local community programs, we strive to put our values into practice and empower our employees to act for the greater good.
We are committed to maintaining the highest standard of business ethics in all our practices and relationships. Our goal is to achieve competitive advantages fairly and honestly, through superior products, service, and performance rather than through unethical or illegal business practices.
Our employees are bound by a code of business conduct that extends the highest possible degree of respect and integrity to our customers, vendors, and partners. Among other things, this dedication includes the swift resolution of conflicts of interest, the preservation of confidential business data and the barring of unfair competitive contract bid practices.
McGrath RentCorp is firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, and actively prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other factor prohibited by law.
Wherever possible, the products, services, and practices of McGrath RentCorp companies are designed to promote the goals of environmental stewardship and sustainability. From our corporate recycling program to our policy of printing marketing collateral on recycled paper, we continually search for new and innovative ways to shrink our ecological footprint.
Through our Mobile Modular division, our modular space solutions incorporate many of the most respected sustainability design features available today, including:
- High-efficiency HVAC and energy systems. By employing today’s latest innovations in energy-saving technologies and systems, our building products save money while helping our customers reduce their impact on the planet’s limited energy resources.
- Recycled and recyclable construction materials. Wherever possible, our modular building products rely upon recycled building materials, as well as construction components that can be further recycled once the buildings are no longer in service.
- Efficient land use features. Designed to sit low to the ground and to be side-by-side stackable, our modular buildings are designed to make optimal and responsible use of limited available land, which reduces the need to clear larger lots for building placements.
- Cool roofs, skylights and “green” plumbing. Wherever possible, our building products make good use of natural light, green plumbing systems, and the sun’s heat to reduce the building’s ecological impact and energy usage.
- “Built to last” design and construction. Our relocatable work spaces are designed and fabricated to provide faithful, efficient service over long product lifespans. Many of our building systems are built to last for decades.
Our TRS-RenTelco division, in its daily business of supplying electronic test equipment solutions, has incorporated several innovative sustainability programs into its regular operations, including:
- Comprehensive materials recycling. In addition to recycling all of its cardboard, batteries and unserviceable electronic waste, TRS-RenTelco participates in a sustainability program that includes recovering and recycling all materials used to pack delicate electronics. Custom-molded Instapak foam inserts are used for all component shipping, and when recovered from the customer, these inserts are then recycled for energy production use in municipal power plants. Significantly reducing waste, these programs have also dramatically reduced power consumption throughout TRS-RenTelco operations.
- Energy-efficiency programs. TRS-RenTelco operations include the latest energy-efficiency and power waste-reduction programs available. In addition to the significant reductions in energy use associated with its many recycling programs, TRS-RenTelco’s reliance on high-efficiency HVAC control systems and programmable thermostats help contribute to reducing the division’s carbon footprint and ecological impact.
From affordable housing initiatives to local charity efforts, at McGrath RentCorp, we believe that lasting social impact is achieved only through individual contribution at the local level. By empowering our employees to get involved and make a difference, we work to create a better society for us all.
At McGrath RentCorp our employees are your most valuable resource. When Hurricanes Harvey and Irma struck, many were face with incredible hardships. The McGrath Cares fund shows how much we value our employees. In October 2017, our staff raised $80,000 to provide support and a sense of hope to families working to rebuild their lives in the aftermath of these natural disasters.
Employees of McGrath RentCorp are actively encouraged to become involved in their local communities through volunteer service to charitable, civic and public service organizations, as well as through participation in the political process and trade associations.
McGrath RentCorp Careers: We Don't Just Offer Jobs. We Help Build Careers.
At McGrath, we understand it’s important to find the right job and the right career. Whether you're looking for an opportunity in sales, finance or business operations, our career options allow every employee to play a part in our success.
We're proud to offer our employees a broad selection of benefits designed to help advance your career and find the right work-life balance. Our robust benefits package includes a variety of medical plans, retirement plan options, life insurance and tuition reimbursement, as well as paid holidays and vacation time.
Why Work at McGrath RentCorp?
McGrath RentCorp is the best company you may never have heard of. We are a $400 million business-to-business rental company consisting of five different divisions serving North America.
Our growth has been through both organic initiatives and acquisitions and we continue to investigate new opportunities to invest in our future. Most importantly, our people have made the difference in our successes to date, and we understand how essential it is to have the right people on the bus and in the right seats.
If you are looking for a great environment where your individual contributions truly make a difference, we'd love to meet you!
Life is dynamic–and often unpredictable. At McGrath RentCorp, we strive to offer the flexibility you need to achieve success.
| Health Plan
Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 125 Flexible Benefit Plan-Medical and Dependent, Full Family and Domestic Partner Benefits, Pet Insurance
| Financial Planning
401(k) Plan, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Legal, Commuter Benefits
| Time Off Pay
Vacation, Sick, Holiday
Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement Program
| Chris Snyder, Sr. Director Sales
"There isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t feel like I’ve learned something new, or on the flip side, acknowledged for something I’ve contributed. It’s my professional home."
| Nithin Shetty, Manager Enterprise Integration
"I have been working for McGrath for over 16 years. I cherish and enjoy every day, and am truly proud to be a part of this organization. McGrath has invested a huge amount of time and energy into my personal and professional development, which has played a key role to my success.
Above all, I experience a very positive and healthy working culture with great perks and benefits."
| Ben Hart, Sr. Product Manager
"Everyone here is committed to meeting our customer needs and providing a best in class customer experience. That commitment to our customers drives this team to work hard and work together. I have the pleasure of working with some of the brightest and hardest working people in the industry here at TRS-RenTelco."
| Jon Schierling, Regional Director
"I have been given the support necessary to succeed in the organization, and I get to work with excellent people. I have also been able to help other people develop their skills and talents so they are promoted within the organization."